…I mean it. I love to save money, who doesn’t? Instant oatmeal can be pricey and it’s unbelievably easy to make at home. Here’s how.
The supplies you will need:
- Plastic bowl containers
- Large package of quick cook oats – I prefer quick cook vs. instant.
- Craisins, raisins, dates
- Pinch of salt
- Brown sugar or favorite sweetener
- Line up bowls and fill each with 1/2 cup of oatmeal. If you like a lot of oatmeal, add 1 cup of oatmeal.
- Add favorite dried fruit to each bowl. If you’re filling 5 bowls and want a variation of flavor mix it up.
- Add 2 shakes of cinnamon to each bowl and a pinch of salt.
- Top with your favorite sweetener. If you choose to add liquid version, I would recommend doing it when you’re ready to eat it.
- Attach top and take to work or set out for the morning.
- When ready to eat, add 1-2 cups of hot/boiling water, depending on your preference.
- Cover bowl, allow oatmeal to absorb the water, stir and enjoy.