Today I wanted to write a post to share a simple process that will save you time next year with your holiday cards.
- Create a spreadsheet with each of the following categories: Name, Children’s Names, Address, City, State, Zip, Phone
- Add the names of your card recipients in the spreadsheets, fill the spreadsheet out to your best ability.
- Save envelopes! As you receive your holiday cards, instead of recycling the envelopes, put them into a pile and when you have time insert the addresses into the spreadsheet.
- Make a note of family member’s names and put that into the list as well. This way you will be able to write a special note next year to everyone.
- Save your document and in the file name date it! For example: HolidayCardList-12-24-11.doc. As the year follows update your list with new addresses.
By setting up a spreadsheet today you will save yourself a lot of time and worry in 12 months! Some spreadsheet programs can print labels or print on the envelopes!
Do you have a system to sending out your holiday cards? I’d love to hear your ideas and tips.