On Monday, we discussed the healthy benefits of pomegranates and then on Tuesday we shared a recipe to use them in a fruit parfait. Today I’m showing you how to clean the seeds out of a pomegranate. It can be really frustrating when getting the delicious seeds out of a pomegranate and the juice can stain everything. It doesn’t have to be that way! Here’s an easy way to get to those yummy seeds.
What you’ll need:
- Large bowl
- Large knife
- In the bowl, cut your pomegranate in half. Then cut those halves again, you are quartering your pomegranate.
- Fill your bowl with water. Keep pom quarters in the bowl after cutting, you’ll want to keep everything in the water to avoid staining your clothes, hands, and the counter top.
- Work with one piece at a time, peel off part of the rind.
- Roll your fingers over the seeds to pull them off. You don’t want to smash them because you will lose the juice.
- Work piece by piece. This is the great part. The seeds will sink to the bottom of the bowl while the pieces of the rind will float! You can skim the floating pieces off the top.
- When you’re done, drain the seeds and pour in a bowl!
What is your favorite way to eat pomegranates? Share in the comments below!