I’m running a 5k in late September. I am not a strong runner but I know how important it is to condition yourself.
It is certainly an amazing feeling when you cross the finish line! I have collected a few websites to help you get started if you’ve decided to run or are considering it.
- Start with Good Form – This Real Simple post gives you ideas about posture, breathing, and where to look. It also has time limits.
- Cardio 101 from Live Strong – Tips for getting started and what to focus on.
- Couch to 5K – If you’re training for a 5k you can follow this 9 week running program. They also have a good app.
- What to Wear – be prepared with the basic gear.
- Spotlight on 5K – Never Homemaker has great tips and running information. I found this post particularly helpful.
Would you like to run a 5k? Active.com is great for listing local races. It’s fun to run and support a charity and be competitive with friends, family, and yourself. Have fun and keep at it.