Kathy is sharing a guest post about vegetable soup that you will love. Use any kind of broth including my homemade stock.
Although most days I can eat my meals and be satisfied with having enough to eat but there are always a few days here and there where I just want to eat something more. I need it to be healthy but I just feel hungry. This is a great recipe for a vegetable soup that you can eat as much as you want. It is filling and if you want more, go for it!
You can adjust this recipe however you want. Just put in more of the vegetables that you enjoy.
- 2/3 Cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 Cup diced onions
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Cups fat free broth
- 1 1/2 Cups diced green cabbage
- 1/2 Cup green beans
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup diced zucchini
In a large saucepan, saute carrots, onions and garlic over low heat until softened. (Use a cooking spray to avoid the use of oil)
Add the broth, cabbage, beans, tomato paste, basil, oregano, and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for about 15 minutes.
Stir in the zucchini and heat another 3-4 minutes.
This recipe makes approximately 4 servings.
Kathy has been posting with us every Wednesday and sharing her story and ideas for weight loss and a healthy life. Miss any of the previous posts?
Find them here
- Making Pizza
- Eating Veggies and Orange Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Weight Loss New Years Resolution
- Eating Healthy as a Family at Christmas
- Smart Snacking
- Stress and Eating Around the Holidays
- Staying Hydrated
- Healthy Thanksgiving
- Healthy during the Holidays
- Having a Workout Buddy
- Eating Healthy While on Vacation
- Recognizing When You Are Full
- Ideas for a Healthy and Hearty Breakfast
- Exercise for Health and Weight loss
- Kathy’s Tips for Dining Out
- Healthy Salads
- Kathy’s Weight Loss Philosophy
- Kathy’s Story