Perhaps you’re reading this and thinking to yourself “I know how to bake potatoes” but I challenge you to try this method of baking potatoes. You’ll love it.
The Best Baked Potatoes
- Large russet potatoes
- Extra virgin olive or canola oil
- Sea salt or seasoned salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, adjust two racks evenly in the oven.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Scrub and clean potatoes.
- With a fork poke 10 deep holes in the potatoes, be sure to get all sides.
- Rub, brush, or spray oil on potatoes and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Place aluminum foil lined pan on the lower oven rack and the potatoes on the top rack. Be sure to place them directly above the sheet which is in place to catch any drippings from the potatoes above.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the skin is crispy and the potatoes feel soft. Note that if you’re making more than 4 potatoes you will need additional time.