If you’re looking for a flavorful, easy to create dish this tex-mex casserole can be on your table tonight.
Tex-Mex Casserole with Mushrooms and Black Beans
- 1 Pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
- Olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Package corn tortillas, halved
- 2 1/2 Cups salsa
- 2 Cups Monterrey jack or cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on a medium temperature and saute mushrooms until browned and shrink in size.
- Add garlic and cayenne pepper Note: I used 3 or 4 shakes from my bottle because I have tiny taste buds eating dinner and I don't want to burn her mouth, feel free to use more for adults
- Season with salt and pepper and add black beans
- Cook until the beans have warmed through
- Create a pattern starting by lining the bottom of your baking dish with corn tortillas, 1/2 mushroom and bean mixture, salsa, cheese, tortillas, other 1/2 of the mushroom and bean mixture, salsa, cheese, top with tortillas, salsa and cheese
- Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes
- Remove foil and bake for 5-10 minutes more, until the cheese has melted and become bubbly
© 2021 Copyright Lindsay Ann Loft.