These cookies are perfect for a cold day paired with a hot cup of tea and are great hot out of the oven.
- 3/4 Cup shortening
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup molasses
- 2 1/4 Cup flour
- 2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon cloves
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon ginger
- Stir dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a mixer, combine shortening, sugar, egg, and molasses.
- Add dry to the wet and mix until incorporated.
- Refrigerate dough for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and place a tablespoon or two in small plate or shallow bowl.
- Walnut sized dough into a ball and roll to coat with sugar.
- Place on a baking sheet and sprinkle a drop of water on each cookie.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes.