I love drinking tea when it’s cold outside. There is nothing better than sipping a steamy mug of lady grey as snow falls. Unless it’s sipping a steamy mug of lady grey tea while enjoying a shortbread cookie as snow falls. This recipe is incredibly easy and uses few ingredients. Use a fun cookie cutter for extra credit.
- 2 Sticks butter, melted halfway in microwave and cooled
- 3/4 Cup powdered sugar
- 1 3/4 Cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup cornstarch
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla (as always, I used more)
- With a mixer, blend melted butter and powdered sugar.
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, and baking powder. (Note: If you have cake flour on hand use 2 cups cake flower and omit the cornstarch. You overachiever!)
- Add vanilla and flour mixture. Mix until just combined.
- On a piece of parchment paper, press and roll dough until 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut dough with a cute cookie cutter, remove the dough around the cookies. This is a lot easier than rolling out and transferring the cookies to parchment paper.
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes. The cookies will not be brown, do not wait for them to brown or they will be ruined.
This makes 45 cookies. Approx 60 calories each.
Enjoy with a mug of tea or your favorite coffee. Exhale and smile.