How would you like to wake up to a steamy hot bowl of oatmeal? This recipe is a slow cooker version of the Brunch Oatmeal Bake and is extra easy to make the night before. It’s also versatile so you can change up the ingredients with what you have on hand.
- 1 1/2 Cups oatmeal, rolled or steel cut
- 3 1/2 Cups water
- 1 Cup milk
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons sweetener (brown sugar, honey, maple syrup, etc…)
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Banana, browning preferable, sliced
- 1 Cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil, optional
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- Rub coconut oil along base of the pot to help prevent sticking.
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker and give a quick stir.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve with milk, walnuts, a sprinkle of brown sugar, or whatever you prefer.