Normally I start my day with some yogurt or oatmeal but every once in a while, I enjoy something different. Muffins can be high in calorie and fat grams. This is a fresh recipe for muffins that I have made some adjustments to so that they have very little fat (less that a gram) and about 110 calories per muffin.
Raspberry Lemon Muffins
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin tin or line with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together yogurt, milk, applesauce, lemon juice and lemon extract.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until blended.
- Gently fold in raspberries.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched. Cool the muffins on a wire rack.
Yield: 12 muffins
(I have used blueberries and also frozen mixed berries as well)
Kathy has been posting with us every Wednesday and sharing her story and ideas for weight loss and a healthy life. Miss any of the previous posts?
Find them here:
- Keeping a Food Journal
- Oatmeal Bars | Recipe
- Spring Cleaning
- Nutritional Facts
- Restaurant Nutritional Facts
- Leap Day
- Healthy Travels
- Eating a Variety of Healthy Foods
- A Healthy Lunch at Work
- Hitting a Plateau
- Vegetable Soup
- Making Pizza
- Eating Veggies and Orange Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Weight Loss New Years Resolution
- Eating Healthy as a Family at Christmas
- Smart Snacking
- Stress and Eating Around the Holidays
- Staying Hydrated
- Healthy Thanksgiving
- Healthy during the Holidays
- Having a Workout Buddy
- Eating Healthy While on Vacation
- Recognizing When You Are Full
- Ideas for a Healthy and Hearty Breakfast
- Exercise for Health and Weight loss
- Kathy’s Tips for Dining Out
- Healthy Salads
- Kathy’s Weight Loss Philosophy
- Kathy’s Story