This quinoa and cheese recipe is a perfect alternative for your mac and cheese cravings. It’s healthy and amazing.
Quinoa and Cheese
- 1 1/2 Cups dry quinoa, cooked
- 2 Cups lightly steamed broccoli
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup milk
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt, or to taste
- Panko bread crumbs, enough for topping.
- In a large bowl combine milk, eggs, red pepper, seasoned salt, garlic.
- In another bowl, combine cooked quinoa, broccoli, and cheese.
- Working with a few scoops at a time, incorporate the quinoa mixture into the wet mixture.
- Place mixture in a greased 13 by 9 baking dish, or whatever you have on hand.
- Top with a sprinkling of panko bread crumbs.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees or until the top has browned.
- Enjoy!!! Try not to eat the entire tray in one go. 🙂