I love ice cream but its not healthy enough to eat everyday. I thought it was time to make something that was ice cream like but is much healthier. I decided to make my own frozen yogurt without added sugar and unnecessary additives. This also reminds me of the pineapple ice cream I’ve had at Disney World. Yum!
I recommend serving this after freezing it for an hour or so. If it sits for too long in the freezer it will turn into a block, it’s still good but you will have to defrost for a while before digging in.
Pineapple Frozen Yogurt
- Greek yogurt, plain or vanilla
- 1 Pound frozen or fresh pineapple
- Vanilla extract, optional
- Food processor or blender
- Ice cream maker, bowl pre-frozen
- In a food processor, combine yogurt, pineapple, and vanilla until smooth.
- Place the yogurt mixture into your refrigerator while you set up the ice cream maker. Try to keep the mixture as cold as possible.
- Put chilled yogurt into the ice cream maker and run for 20 minutes, or as the instructions on your machine suggest.
- Remove frozen yogurt from the machine and store in a container. It will be too liquidy to serve, unless you are going for soft serve.
- Freeze for approximately an hour and enjoy!
Note: If you keep this is in the freezer for a long time it will become a block, so you will have to thaw it before serving the second time around. It’s best served after making.
Enjoy this frozen treat without all of the guilt!