Fresh peaches make my summer. Anytime I can enjoy them on their own, in oatmeal, or a dish all their own, I will. This is a simple, healthy recipe you can bake to use overly ripe peaches. Make it as a light dessert or serve at a brunch with yogurt.
- 3 Overripe peaches, peeled and diced
- 1/2 Cup oatmeal
- 2 Tablespoons raw sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Teaspoons coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 2 Pinches salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Layer diced peaches on the bottom of a round baking pan.
- Combine all other ingredients in a small bowl until thoroughly incorporated.
- Evenly spread mixture over the peaches.
- Bake in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes. Bake the cobbler until you can smell it and the top begins to brown.
- Serve warm or chilled.
This would be great chilled with yogurt, or make it into a dessert with a scoop of ice cream. While you can use olive oil instead of the coconut oil, I think the coconut oil brings a fruity flavor to the dish. Mix it up and add some cinnamon or your favorite spices. It would also be great with a handful of raspberries or blueberries. I hope you enjoy!