I love healthy pizza! We make it whenever we get a chance. Like when I made a roasted vegetable pizza with my girlfriends. This is a healthy variation with feta cheese instead of loads of mozzarella. You may want to call it a flat bread. Pizza or flat bread, I think you’ll love it.
- Pizza dough, whole wheat if desired
- 5 Roma tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 4 Cups spinach, finely chopped
- 1/2 Red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 3/4 Cup Feta cheese
- Ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and put your pizza stone in the oven to heat. This is the key to a good pizza, a very hot stone.
- While your oven heats place spinach in a bowl with a lid. Microwave for 1 minute.
- Move spinach to a towel or paper towel and blot to remove moisture and cool.
- When stone is hot, place rolled dough on the stone.
- Brush 1 teaspoon olive oil on the dough.
- Sprinkle marjoram over on the olive oil.
- Evenly spread the tomato slices on the pizza.
- Top with spinach, feta cheese, red onion, and olives.
- Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon olive oil over the pizza.
- Sprinkle with oregano and ground pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Enjoy! What are some of your favorite pizza toppings?