You can find a great supply of asparagus in the spring, its one of those foods that makes me think of the beginning of warm weather and spring rain showers. I find this pasta to be a light and healthy dish for spring.
- 1 Bunch asparagus
- 5 ounces Sliced baby portobella mushrooms
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- 3 Cloves of garlic, minced
- Sea salt to taste
- Fresh ground pepper
- Cooked linguini or pasta of choice
- Spray a baking dish with olive oil.
- Clean and slice asparagus into 1 to 2 inch slices.
- Combine asparagus, lemon juice, garlic, pepper in a small bowl.
- Place mixture in baking dish and top with a bit of sea salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the over at 400 degrees.
- Saute mushrooms in a spray of olive oil with pepper. Add mushrooms to the baking dish once thoroughly cooked. Alternatively, you can add the mushrooms in the baking dish at the beginning if so desired. This was just how I decided to cook them.
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Combine pasta and vegetables in a large bowl. Toss the mixture until all of the noodles are covered in the lemon juice. If desired, drizzle a bit of evoo.
- Top with chopped parsley.