If you think buying organic is too expensive for your budget this method will clean fruits and vegetables. Soaking your produce helps to freshen the food, clean out the dirt, pesticide residues, and any bugs.
- 1/4 Cup Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons salt
- Fill your sink 1/4 full with cold water.
- Add vinegar and salt.
- Swish water with your hand until your salt has dissolved.
- Add vegetables and fruit. Dunk the pieces and rotate them.
- Soak for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Remove each piece and give a gentle scrub with a brush or towel and rinse with fresh water.
You will be amazed at the dirt and particles left in the water.