Yesterday, I noticed how chilly it was outside. Pretty soon I’m going to be bringing out the sweaters and jackets. In the spirit of a chilly day, I wanted to share with you a few of my favorite fall beverages and treats to warm you up.
- Hot Apple Cider – This is Autumn in a glass. I live in the garden state and am lucky enough to have an orchard nearby that makes its own apple cider. Delish! Heating the cider is as easy as putting a small pot on the stove and warming the cider until hot. If you’re looking for an adult version – add a shot of butterscotch schnapps to the hot cider for a caramel apple drink.
- Tea – I love tea year round but especially in the fall. My favorite is Lady Grey tea by Twinings. This tea has a lemon and orange flavor that I find to be relaxing and fresh.
- Coffee – A coffee with a little amaretto or hazelnut creamer goes a long way on a chilly fall morning. (I know I just professed my love to tea but I enjoy my coffee as well.)
- Pumpkin Spice Latte – It’s the signature that fall has begun. Grab one at Starbucks or make one at home (its easier than you think).
- Apple Spice Muffins – An amazing addition to a cup of tea. I will be sharing my recipe for these soon.
- Pumpkin Muffins – I’m on a pumpkin kick, what can I say?
- Coffee Cake – This is awesome year round but it is especially delicious when it is warmed with a mug of coffee on a lazy Saturday morning.
- Banana Bread – If you have ripe bananas at home, make your own with my recipe here.
Are you hungry yet? Here’s to a relaxing weekend. I hope you enjoy it. Snuggle up with a movie and warm fall treats.