This weekend we celebrated my husband’s birthday. 🙂 We both love garlic mashed potatoes. I decided to make us these to accompany his birthday dinner. This recipe is not only flavorful but it is simple and quick! It avoids tons of butter, sour cream, and milk without losing any flavor.
- 2 1/2 Pounds red potatoes, cleaned and diced with skins
- 5 – 7 Cloves garlic, smashed with end trimmed
- 1 Cup vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoons earth balance or butter
- Place diced potatoes and garlic in a steamer. Steam until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork. Approximately 20 – 30 minutes.
- Optional – I used my potato/garlic steaming water to make my vegetable broth by combining it with my vegetable bullion. It adds a lot of flavor.
- Using a hand smasher or hand mixer, smash potatoes while adding vegetable broth and butter. Add the wet ingredients little by little, decide if you need more or less until desired consistency is achieved.
- Place in a serving bowl and enjoy!
I love this recipe with grilled asparagus and portabella mushrooms.