French Bread Recipe
- 1 Cup warm water
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 Cup bread flour
- 2 Teaspoon yeast
- Place ingredients in your bread machine in the order shown above and use setting for dough.
- Place on a lightly floured surface. Roll into a large rectangle and starting with the longest side, roll up tightly, pressing the seams to seal and tapering each end.
- Place on a greased baking sheet, cover and allow to rise 40 minutes.
- Brush the loaf with a glaze made of 1/2 teaspoon salt and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
Variations: Add 1/4 cups dehydrated onion to the dough. Shape dough in a ball and bake. Divide into 12 ovals and bake. Or make twists with 12 equal dough pieces folded in half and twisted.
My sister used this recipe to make bruschetta which was delicious!