In the spirit of last week’s Caprese Salad, I’m posting a similar summer recipe. This cucumber salad is light and refreshing. It’s also incredibly easy and incredibly delicious.
- Cucumber, sliced or chopped (peeled if not organic)
- Super red ripe tomato, chopped into bite sized chunks
- Red onion, sliced very thin, optional
- Italian dressing (use this recipe – forget the bottle)
- Warm, crusty bread – for serving
- Combine all vegetables in a bowl
- Coat with dressing and mix thoroughly
- Marinade overnight or for a few hours in the refrigerator
- Serve on or with warm, toasty bread.
This is a really easy recipe and is perfect for a summer picnic or a quick lunch.