I love when breakfast can be considered dessert and this is one case where this muffin is ALMOST a cupcake. 🙂
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 Cup oatmeal flour
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup semisweet chocolate chips, plus 1/4 cup for sprinkling
- 1 Cup almond milk
- 1/3 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 Egg or 1/4 cup applesauce
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract (I’m always heavy handed with vanilla, so use less if you’d like a less vanilla flavor.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In a measuring cup, combine all wet ingredients.
- Slowly whisk the wet ingredients into the dry. It’s ok if the batter is a bit lumpy.
- Evenly fill 12 muffin cups with batter. I like to use the 1/2 cup measuring cup to transfer the batter.
- Sprinkle each muffin with the remaining chocolate chips and bake for 20 minutes.