I love breakfast, every time I visit my family in Pittsburgh eating breakfast together is a way to reconnect. When they visit me I make my oatmeal bake and brunch egg bake. Now I have a new item to add to my menu! This hashbrown bites are easy to make and a great way to use up left over baked potatoes.
- 5 Potatoes, baked and refrigerated
- 1 Medium red onion
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 Cup shredded cheese (your choice)
- Olive oil, for the muffin tins
- Food processor with grating accessory or hand grater
- Muffin tin with 12-18 muffins
- Be sure to start with baked potatoes and refrigerate them.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Shred potatoes with the food processor, then onion and garlic.
- Mix the eggs in a small bowl and add seasoned salt to the bowl.
- In a large bowl mix the shredded veggies, egg mixture, and cheese until evenly distributed.
- Grease the tins with olive oil to avoid sticking.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to put the mixture into each hole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes – 1 hour. Until the bites are browning on the top.
These are great reheated in a toaster oven.