Today Kathy is sharing a healthy recipe with us!
I always like to try new recipes or try to adapt old favorites. This is something that is so easy and so healthy. You can have them as an appetizer or a vegetable with a meal. I know that they will be on my list for tailgating parties! So many snacks are unhealthy but not this one.
One cup of cauliflower is about 20 calories with 2 grams of fiber.
- 1 head of raw cauliflower
- seasoning or spices of your choice (optional)
- Dipping sauces (optional)
Cut the cauliflower in small florets. (Bite size) Spray the bottom of a roasting pan with Pam or with olive oil in a Misto. Arrange the cauliflower on the bottom, do not but them on top of each other. Sprinkle your favorite seasonings or spices over the top. I use Mrs Dash but whatever you like. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes. No need to preheat the oven. If you like them a little crispier, you can put them under the broiler for a few minutes after you are finished baking them.
If you like some dipping sauces with your poppers, you can use anything you like. I have used BBQ sauce and a fat free ranch is good as well. I would imagine that you could make some hot sauce for them too. When I use the sauces, I just leave my cauliflower plain. It is whatever you like. I was amazed at how easy and delicious these were. I hope that you enjoy them!
Kathy has been posting with us every Wednesday and sharing her story and ideas for weight loss and a healthy life. Miss any of the previous posts?
Find them here:
- Changes with Spring
- Healthy School Snacks
- Raspberry Lemon Muffins | Recipe
- Keeping a Food Journal
- Oatmeal Bars | Recipe
- Spring Cleaning
- Nutritional Facts
- Restaurant Nutritional Facts
- Leap Day
- Healthy Travels
- Eating a Variety of Healthy Foods
- A Healthy Lunch at Work
- Hitting a Plateau
- Vegetable Soup
- Making Pizza
- Eating Veggies and Orange Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Weight Loss New Years Resolution
- Eating Healthy as a Family at Christmas
- Smart Snacking
- Stress and Eating Around the Holidays
- Staying Hydrated
- Healthy Thanksgiving
- Healthy during the Holidays
- Having a Workout Buddy
- Eating Healthy While on Vacation
- Recognizing When You Are Full
- Ideas for a Healthy and Hearty Breakfast
- Exercise for Health and Weight loss
- Kathy’s Tips for Dining Out
- Healthy Salads
- Kathy’s Weight Loss Philosophy
- Kathy’s Story