Today’s recipe is a simple yet delicious one. This is a perfect salad to accompany a barbeque meal on a hot summer’s day. I must say, I think this salad tastes ten times better when my ingredients come from our local farmers market. The tomatoes are bright red and the basil is deep green. Well without further ado, here we go!
- Fresh mozzarella cheese (the kind in water or wrapped in plastic wrap), cut into bite sized pieces
- Super ripe, red tomato, sliced
- Basil, rinsed and torn into pieces
- Balsamic vinegar
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh ground pepper
- Arrange mozzarella, tomato and basil in an even arrangement on the serving pate.
- Drizzle lightly with balsamic vinegar and EVOO.
- Top with fresh ground pepper.
What summer foods do you like to eat?