This brunch egg bake is great for weekend visitors. It is simpler than quiche but your guests will never know that you quickly threw it together. It’s also very versatile, swap out ingredients and add some for whatever you have on hand. When we have company visiting for the weekend, I will make this with the oatmeal bake that I love so much. You can even assemble it the night before and pop it in the oven when you get up.
- 5 Eggs, scrambled
- 1/3 Cup milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon pepper
- Day old bread, chunked
- 1 Tomato, diced
- 3 Handfuls of baby spinach
- 1/2 Cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a bowl mix together eggs, milk, and pepper.
- Arrange Vegetables and cheese at the bottom of a medium sized baking dish.
- Pour egg mixture on top of the vegetables.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until done.
Note: The photo above is a doubled recipe that we made for my sister’s Baby Shower. It’s also the before picture. We didn’t have an opportunity to photograph it after it came out of the oven… it was gone in no time!