Baking apple pie really is not difficult! This is an easy recipe to bring to a holiday party or for dessert and coffee.
- 7 Apples, varying in type
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar
- All Spice
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Pie crusts
- Peel, core, and thinly slice apples.
- Place all apples in a large bowl and sprinkle with sugar and spices. Feel free to use whatever spices you like. Allow to sit while preparing the crust and preheating the oven to 425 degrees.
- Smooth the crust into the bottom of a pie pan.
- Pour apples and juices into the crust.
- Top the pie with a lattice top or a solid top with air holes for ventilation. Pinch or use a fork to seal top crust to the bottom.
- Spray with olive oil, I used my beloved misto, and sprinkle with decorative sugar.
- Place pie on a baking sheet and in the oven (for overflow). Bake at 425 degrees F for 25 minutes or until apples are tender. Keep an eye on the crust to prevent it from burning, cover edges with aluminum foil.
There you have it! I love this pie because its not full of chemicals and fat and you have the freedom to put whatever you want in it.
What are your favorite apples to use in apple pie?