Do you have a loved t-shirt or a cami that you can’t bear to part with but has those ugly stains from deodorants? Two of my favorites you’ll see below. One is an off white cami from Ann Taylor, I love to wear this under cardigans and sweaters. The other is a summer t-shirt from New York and Company which really got dirty. I was about to get rid of it.
That was until I came across this pin on Pinterest. It connected to who else? Jillee… titled Goodbye to Yellow Armpit Stains. If you remember this Pinterest Experiment, I tested her method for cleaning a cookie sheet. I wanted to give this pin a try because she has so many great cleaning ideas.
It worked so well that I exclaimed “Holy cow it really worked!” I think my husband thought I was a little too excited about doing laundry.
Check out the results:
Here’s how to make it.
Stain Removing Miracle Cleaner
- 1/4 Cup blue Dawn dish soap
- 1/2 Cup hydrogen peroxide
- 1 Tablespoon baking soda
- Old toothbrush
- Small jar or dish
- Place dawn soap, hydrogen peroxide, and baking soda in a jar.
- Stir with your old tooth brush. The consistency was goopier than I expected.
- Generously brush the mixture on your shirt and lightly scrub your stain.
- Apply to under arms and neckline and any rogue stains.
- Allow to sit for about an hour.
- Wash as usual in warm water.
I applied this to my workout t-shirts and it removed underarm stains, it also helped to remove stains around my husband’s t-shirt collars. However, it did not remove the make up marks that I had on my workout clothes from wiping my face while exercising. But we really shouldn’t workout while wearing make up anyway.
I consider this experiment a big success!