I don’t know where you live but here in New York and New Jersey it’s HOT. So I thought I’d take an opportunity to share a few ways about how to stay cool in the summer heat.
- Water, water, water – Your body will use a lot of water to stay cool. Keep a water bottle at your desk or with you at all times so you are hydrated. Pets will require lots of extra fluids as well.
- Wear Light Colors – Not only will it help you think cool, the sun won’t absorb into white as much as it does with black.
- Close the Black Out Curtains – Keep your house cool with black out curtains. This will keep your air conditioning bill down and your house cool.
- Avoid Alcohol – It will dehydrate your body, opt for sparkling water with fruit juice.
- Refresh with Fruit – A cold apple or watermelon will help cool your body down.
- Coconut Water – I loooooove coconut water. This will replenish your body in a snap and combat dehydration. Keep it in the fridge and handy.
- Tie your hair up – I always wear my hair down but end up with it wrapped up in a twist or a pony tail at the end of the day. On hot summer days like these, its best to be prepared!
- Wear loose airy clothing – It will promote air flow and keep you cool.
- Duck into a store – If you are walking down the street, duck into a store and enjoy the air. I will do this from time to time walking around New York. It is a luxury before getting into a hot subway station. Yuck!
- Bring a sweater – Ok this is not a stay cool tip, its a be prepared for the freezing cold air conditioning in the office tip. My office can get chilly and I appreciate it on a hot hot day but by 11:00 I start to get goose bumps. Its a good idea to keep a sweater handy or in a bag or at your desk just in case. 🙂
How are you staying cool in the summer’s heat!?