This Valentine’s Day protect your heart with these 14 heart healthy foods.
- Oatmeal – Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Blueberries – Antioxidants
- Ground Flaxseed – Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Almonds & Walnuts – Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Black Beans – B Vitamins, Folate, Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Brown Rice – B Vitamins
- Carrots – Antioxidants, Fiber
- Spinach – Lutein
- Broccoli – Beta-carotene
- Sweet Potato – Beta-carotene
- Tomatoes – Beta- and alpha-carotene
- Red Wine – Reservatrol
- Tea – Flavonoids
- Dark Chocolate – Reservatrol and cocoa phenols
Adding these foods to your diet can protect your heart and health. So cozy up with the one you love, red wine, and dark chocolate.