Today is leap day! Since this day only happens once every 4 years, I suggest doing something that you never take the time to do. So many times I find myself saying “If only I had a few extra hours in a day” Well today we have 24 of them! Unfortunately most of us will have to go to work but use this extra day to get a little time for yourself.
Take a long walk or soak in the bathtub.
Make a new meal that you haven’t tried before.
Maybe call a friend that you haven’t spoken to in a while. Reconnect!
Take time to do something fun today. I plan on meeting my daughter for lunch.
Of course I talk about healthy eating and working on it everyday but if there was ever a time where you could possibly splurge, why not use the day of the year that will not come again in 4 years!
Whatever you have on your schedule today, take just a little break and enjoy your day!
Kathy has been posting with us every Wednesday and sharing her story and ideas for weight loss and a healthy life. Miss any of the previous posts?
Find them here:
- Healthy Travels
- Eating a Variety of Healthy Foods
- A Healthy Lunch at Work
- Hitting a Plateau
- Vegetable Soup
- Making Pizza
- Eating Veggies and Orange Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Weight Loss New Years Resolution
- Eating Healthy as a Family at Christmas
- Smart Snacking
- Stress and Eating Around the Holidays
- Staying Hydrated
- Healthy Thanksgiving
- Healthy during the Holidays
- Having a Workout Buddy
- Eating Healthy While on Vacation
- Recognizing When You Are Full
- Ideas for a Healthy and Hearty Breakfast
- Exercise for Health and Weight loss
- Kathy’s Tips for Dining Out
- Healthy Salads
- Kathy’s Weight Loss Philosophy
- Kathy’s Story